[Savage Worlds] Alternate Vampires for RIFTS

I'm still mulling over how I want to approach running Savage RIFTS (and will be posting my thoughts in greater detail next week), but I figured I should at the very least stat up cihuatateos and chupacabras for Savage Worlds in case I opt to go with my alternate take on the Vampire Kingdoms--or even simply to offer a couple variant vampire-types alongside the classic RIFTS vamps.

As befits the tone of Savage RIFTS, this version of the cihuateteo is bit less overtly horrifying and a bit more Satanico Pandemonium...

(That clip, incidentally, is a perfect demonstration of the difference between the female cihuateteo and the male chupacabra.)

Cihuateteo

Attributes: Agility d10; Smarts d6; Spirit d8; Strength d12, Vigor d8

Skills: Climbing d6, Fighting d6, Intimidation d8, Notice d8, Persuasion d6, Stealth d10, Tracking d8

Pace: 6 (walking), 10 (flying); Parry: 5; Toughness: 8

Special Abilities

  • Claws: Str+4
  • Change Form: As an action, a cihuateteo can change into a rattlesnake with a Smarts roll at -2. Changing back into a humanoid requires a Smarts roll.
  • Charm: Cihuateteo can use the Puppet power on the opposite sex using their Smarts as their arcane skill. The power may be maintained indefinitely, but may only be cast on a single subject at a time.
  • Drain Life: The creature may make a Touch Attack instead of a regular attack. Victims must make a Vigor roll opposed by the cihuateteo's Spirit. Failure causes the victim Fatigue and gives the cihuateteo the Hardy ability (and heals a wound if it’s a Wild Card). The victim’s Fatigue can cause death. Victims who survive the attack heal one level of Fatigue every 8 hours.
  • Fearless: Immune to Fear and Intimidation.
  • Flight: Cihuateteo may take to the air and fly with no visible means of propulsion. Flying Pace 10, Climb of 3.
  • Infravision: Halve penalties for dark lighting against living targets (round down).
  • Invulnerability: Cihuateteo are immune to all forms of damage save fire. They can be Shaken by other attacks, but never suffer a wound.
  • Seduction: Human male characters wishing to attack a cihuateteo do so at -2.
  • Shadow: In their natural state, cihuateteo are insubstantial beings. They may materialize with a Smarts roll at -2, and must do so to attack or drain life. They may dematerialize with a Smarts roll. While in their shadow-form, cihuateteo are treated as Ethereal creatures.
  • Sire: Adult male victims killed by the cihuateteo's Drain Life ability have a 50% chance of coming back as chupacabra (see below) in 1d4 days; women so killed may rise as cihuateteo themselves (25% chance) in 1d4 days. (Women who die in childbirth and aren't cremated have a 75% chance of rising as a cihuateteo within 24 hours if there is a cihuateteo within 20 miles.)
  • Undead: +2 Toughness; +2 to recover from being Shaken; called shots do no extra damage; half-damage from piercing weapons; immune to disease and poison.

Weaknesses

  • Weakness (Bloodlust): Although they do not need it to survive, cihuateteo crave the blood of the living. If a pint of blood is thrown over the creature (requires a successful Throwing attack), it must make a Spirit roll or be Shaken as it licks up the blood.
  • Weakness (Infanticide): Cihuateteo are driven into hateful frenzy at the sight of human young and pregnant women. If a cihuateteo sees an infant, toddler, or visibly pregnant woman, it must make a Spirit roll or focus its actions for the following round on going after that target, suffering a -2 to Parry and -2 to Notice rolls while doing so. It must make this roll every round the target is present.
  • Weakness (Fire)Cihuateteo suffer full damage from fire-based attacks.
  • Weakness (Stake Through the Heart): A materialized cihuateteo hit by a piercing weapon with a called shot to the heart (–6) must make a Vigor roll versus the damage. A failed roll paralyzes the creature, and it quickly begins to decompose. If the stake is ever removed, the cihuateteo reforms in 1d4 rounds.
  • Weakness (Sunlight): Cihuateteo suffer a cumulative 1d6 damage per minute spent in direct sunlight (1d6 the first minute, 2d6 the second, etc.)--clothing and armor do not protect.

Chupacabra

Attributes: Agility d6, Smarts d4, Spirit d4, Strength d6, Vigor d6

Skills: Fighting d6, Intimidation d8, Notice d4, Stealth d6, Tracking d6

Pace: 8; Parry: 5; Toughness: 7

Special Abilities

  • Bite/Claw: Str+1
  • Fearless: Immune to Fear and Intimidation.
  • Infravision: Halve penalties for dark lighting against living targets (round down).
  • Half-dead: +2 Toughness; +2 to recover from being Shaken.
  • Vampiric Bite: When a chupacabra gets a raise on a Fighting roll, it sinks its teeth into the victim's flesh and begins drinking its blood. This causes the victim Fatigue and gives the chupacabra the Hardy ability (and heals a wound if it’s a Wild Card). The victim’s Fatigue can cause death. Victims who survive a chupacabra attack heal one level of Fatigue every 8 hours.